INVICTUS is a collaborative project funded by the Horizon 2020 program, aiming at delivering innovative authoring tools for the creation of a new generation of high-fidelity avatars and their integration in interactive and non-interactive narratives such as movies, video games or Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality immersive productions.
The INVICTUS Project
Volumetric Motion and Appearance Avatarisation Tool
- Create realistic representations of human that can be edited and animated.
- Design automated tools for capturing and robustly reconstructing highly natural human models, also in the presence of sophisticated surface materials and occlusions.
Avatar Editing Tool
- Build a compelling ready to use, plug and play volumetric representation of digital human or stylized digital human with animation controls.
- Design automatic tool with manual intervention controllers to enable iteration and modification of the appearance by Artist.
VR Storytelling Tool
- Extend VR editing with collaborative layout, shooting and lighting.
- Provide creatives with spatio-temporal manipulation of volumetric captured animations.
Invictus is launched
We are proud to announce the launch of the “INVICTUS” collaborative research project that will receive funding from the European Union’s “Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation” program.
The “INVICTUS” project aims at delivering innovative authoring tools for the creation of a new generation of high-fidelity avatars and the integration of these avatars in narratives using novel collaborative VR authoring tools.
The project will be a collaboration with Ubisoft Film & Television Paris, Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI, InterDigital Inc., Université de Rennes 1, and Volograms.